Join Our Team
Why Work at Career Collaborative?
Career Collaborative ends poverty for working-class families by helping adults get, keep, and succeed at good jobs. We are a national leader in employment retention – top 10%. Join our team!
Career Collaborative is a non-profit that ends poverty for working-class families by helping adults get, keep, and succeed at good jobs. We are a national leader in employment retention.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to become a member of our job search team. Our Employment Counselor works directly with clients preparing them for their job search, helping them to find and apply to job opportunities.
• Assist clients in writing effective resumes, finding job opportunities, and preparing applications that lead to interviews.
• Coach candidates during job-search
• Collaborate with staff in facilitating information sessions, the Job Search Course, matching candidates with jobs, helping clients with practice interviews
• Assist with recruiting new clients, new employers, and/or volunteers, as needed
• Monitor and report on participants’ progress. Provide referrals to resources in the community
• Teaching, coaching participants after placement and building relationships with collaborating employers and volunteers.
• You will acquire skills in all aspects of career search.
• The ideal candidate will have stable work history and/or volunteer work, can demonstrate an ability to establish and maintain professional relationships, and possesses a high level of commitment to helping a diverse population of job seekers build careers and change their lives
• Excellent interpersonal communications and writing skills
• Effective working on a team as well as independently
• Good at identifying success factors and helping others work through challenges
• Able to multi-task and work with shifting priorities; quick, analytical, and thorough
• Must be able to work sensitively and effectively with adults of diverse educational, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds
• College education preferred
We value team work, inclusiveness, diversity, learning and flexibility to use staff’s strengths to develop and enhance workforce development programs.
Career Collaborative is strongly committed to a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. By providing and supporting a work culture that fosters and builds upon diversity and strengths, Career Collaborative can better serve our local communities and continue to provide quality services.
TO APPLY for the Employment Assistant position: Send cover letter and resume to Nancy@CareerCollaborative.org.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Unfortunately, we cannot accept calls about this position.
Career Collaborative internships are excellent opportunities for those who wish to explore a potential career in the nonprofit sector and who want the rewarding experience of working directly with clients. Our internships are open to both college students and non-students.
Hours: 20-30+ hours
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Intermediate computer skills
• Writing skills
• Interest in working with low income, minority, multi-cultural adults
• Patience and persuasiveness
• Exceptional follow-through
Possible Job Responsibilities:
• Creating management reports
• Direct work with clients searching for jobs
• Job search for clients
• Participate in weekly Practice Interviews
• Outreach for new workshop participants
• Update Resource information for clients
• Update social media
• Writing professional manuals
• Administrative assistance to programs
Please submit the internship form, resume and cover letter addressed to
Lauren Gray, Employer Partnership Manager
77 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02110
Fax: 617 424-6614